Our service to you starts when you first contact us, whether that is following the death of a loved one, or for advice and guidance beforehand. We are only a telephone call away and will guide you through what is an undoubtedly difficult time, allowing you the time and space to grieve.
Arranging a funeral
We are always sympathetic to your thoughts and wishes as to how the funeral should be conducted. Tell us what you need; we are here to listen, advise and give guidance tailored to your personal requirements.
- Provide advice on registration following a death
- Arrange for a minister or celebrant to conduct the funeral service
- Discuss what day and time would be most suitable for the family
- Arrange for any limousines which may be required for transportation to and from the funeral service
- Manage donations in the memory of the deceased
- Work with our local printers to put together an order of service
- Organise any catering requirements for after the funeral
- Place newspaper notices in local or national newspapers
- Provide a choice of caskets, from traditional to more environmentally friendly options
Types of funeral
Whether you require a traditional funeral or something more modern, religious or non-religious, we can help. If you’re unsure what to choose, we are here to talk you through all the available options.
Our local crematorium is based within Waltonwrays Cemetery at Skipton, though we have other options available at crematoria in Lancashire, Cumbria and West Yorkshire.
We also work closely with our local churches and cemeteries.
If you are considering a Woodland Burial, then Brocklands Woodland Burial site is only a short drive from our Chapel of Rest. For more information, please visit their website www.brocklands.co.uk.
Chapel of Rest
Bereavement is a difficult and emotional time, which is why we are there for you every step of the way. We can visit you in your own home, or you may prefer to visit us at our Chapel of Rest in Kings Mill Lane, Settle.
Our Chapel houses a private family room where you can spend time with your loved one prior to their funeral, to reflect and say goodbye, if you wish to do so.